Thursday, September 3, 2026

Top 5 news sources

My Top 5 News Sources



While not the most credible, TikTok is where people tend to post the most about the government, and where I see updates most frequently. I am able to see information about the economy, the government, law enforcement officers, and the president all in one unique place of short but informative videos. There are credible news sources that can be seen but also some news sources are simply wrong; the exposure helps form my opinion. It's not an app that I would necessarily quote but it is important to get frequent mixed opinions/ information.



Like many other people, Google is my most-used browser where it's looking up research or questions about something I have, or even when doing work. Google always has so much readily available, but you do have to check where your sources come from and whether they're legitimate. I always recommend Googling something instead of opening your mouth and being wrong because Google is just so good for anything you want to know. 





I use YouTube the most out of any social platform in a web browser or even on a phone. I don't necessarily watch politics all the time on YouTube, but it's just so damn good at looking into things and researching. I am always able to see my interests, but also see interviews, clips, essays, and much more relating to what interests me. It's also good for learning something cause it's auditory and visual, which is super helpful for someone like me who has an easier time retaining information visually. Now I don't always take whatever I see seriously, but there are credible sources and lots of ability to cross-examine different sources. 





Now you have to be careful with this one because Meta isn't very good at regulating this app, whether it's their choice or not. All of it comes down to the posts you interact with and the feed that you make for yourself. An example is: I love F1 and racing, and it's THE place for me to see updates about stuff like that because I've cultivated that feed myself. I've also followed politics, memes, etc on the app that can expose me to different information, credible or not. It's a good place to see updates about what's going on in the world as well, since most news Instagram accounts are very active, but you should have backups since a lot of the information is biased, so you have to decide for yourself what you think about what you see. 




I don't use X as frequently, but when it comes to real-world topics and interests, it does a pretty good job. Since it's so easy to use the app, anyone can make a whole journalism account and post about what they think or see. I don't try to use it as much for politics because it's almost like a rabbit hole, but for interests like space exploration, gaming, etc it's really cool and credible. Because almost every journalist and politician has an account, it's so easy to stay informed and see opinions on whatever topic you want to interact with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment